Dr. Nguyen is the LASIK and refractive surgeon at our Virginia vision correction practice. She is a highly qualified LASIK surgeons who has performed thousands of vision correction procedure. She was a fellow under Dr. Samir Melki of Boston Laser who is a Harvard trained surgeon. She attended McGill University where she completed her degree in medicine as well as master in surgery. After her time at McGill University in Montreal, canada she completed a 2-year fellowship training in Cornea and Refractive surgery at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School. She is also a Diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology.
Dr. Nguyen is not only a Virginia LASIK surgeon and vision correction specialist but she is also a complete ophthalmologist, performing cataract surgery and as well cornea procedures. She performs complex corneal surgery and her expertise is particularly sought after as she is among very few surgeons who perform a unique form of artificial corneal transplantation (keratoprosthesis). She routinely performs cataract surgery and has been among the very first in the Virginia area to implant new technology lenses.
Awards & Recognitions
- LASIK surgeon for Boston Laser
- Montreal Board of Trade Outstanding Student Award--Painting displayed---Montreal Chamber of Commerce, 1990
- Bourse Marcelline - Scholarship for Excellency, 1990
- The Governor General's Medal of Honor, University of Montreal School of Medicine-students with highest academic scores 1990
- Dean's Honor List, McConnel Award-McGill University, 1993